• Detection method- Fluorescence microscopy, Flow cytometry and fluorescence plate reader (Ex. = 485 nm and Em. = 535 nm)
• Sample type- Live cells
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Kit size- Convenient sizes (25 and 100 assays)
• Applications- Sensitive detection of activated caspase-2 in living cells.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple one-step procedure; takes only 1-2 hours
• Fast and convenient
• The FITC label allows for direct detection of the activated caspases in apoptotic cells
• Wash Buffer
Activation of caspases plays a central role in apoptosis. The CaspGLOW™ Fluorescein Active Caspase-2 Staining Kit provides a convenient means for sensitive detection of activated caspase-2 in living cells. The assay utilizes the caspase-2 inhibitor, VDVAD-FMK, conjugated to FITC (FITC-VDVAD-FMK) as a marker. FITC-VDVAD-FMK is cell permeable, nontoxic, and irreversibly binds to activated caspase-2 in apoptotic cells.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.