• Detection method- Absorbance (570 nm) or Fluorescence (Ex/Em 535/587 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and Tissue lysates, culture media, urine, plasma and serum, as well as many other biological fluids
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Applications- FAD functions as the cofactor of an oxidase which catalyze the formation of a product that reacts with OxiRed probe generating color and fluorescence.The lower limit of detection is less than 1 nM FAD.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple procedure
• Fast and convenient
• The assay is sensitive, stable and high-throughput adaptable.
• FAD Assay Buffer
• OxiRed Probe
• Dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO; Dried)
• FAD Enzyme Mix (lyophilized)
• FAD Standard (1 nmol)
• Stop Solution
Flavin Adenine Dinucleotide (FAD) is a redox cofactor which plays an important role in metabolism. FAD exists in different redox states and cycles between FAD, FADH and FADH2. The primary sources of reduced FAD in eukaryotic metabolism are the citric acid cycle and the beta oxidation reaction pathways. In BioVision’s FAD Assay Kit, FAD functions as the cofactor of an oxidase which catalyze the formation of a product that reacts with OxiRed probe generating color and fluorescence. FAD can be detected by either colorimetric (λ=570 nm) or fluorometric (Ex/Em=535/587 nm) methods. The kit provides a rapid, simple, ultra-sensitive, and reliable test suitable for high throughput assay of FAD. The lower limit of detection is less than 1 nM FAD.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.