Simple and convenient methods for genomic DNA extraction and purification from fungus.
The kit provides a simple and convenient technique to isolate high quality DNA from Fungi using a rapid spin-column format. DNA of cell lysate is selectively bound to the spin column and other impurities such as proteins, salts do not bind on the column and are eliminated in flow through. No phenol extraction, no ethanol precipitations are required. The kit is also suitable for isolation of bacterial genomic DNA from colonies on dish. Purified genomic DNA ranges 20-50 kb in length. Purified DNA is suitable for downstream applications such as Restriction Endonuclease Digestions, PCR, and other applications.
- using a rapid spincolumn format. The entire procedure takes approximately 30 minutes.
- . OD260/280 of purified DNA is generally > 1.8.
- is required.
The kit provides a simple, rapid and efficient method for genomic DNA isolation in a large scale from filamentous fungal species including S.cerevisiae, S. pomb, Pichia pastoris using a rapid spin-column format. DNA from cell lysate is selectively absorbed in the column while other impurities are eliminated. Average DNA yield is around 10-100ug per preparation. Average size of the genomic DNA purified by this procedure is around 20-50 kb. No phenol/chloroform extraction, no ethanol precipitation and no liquid nitrogen for homogenizing sample are required. Purified fungi (yeast) genomic DNA can be used for PCR, SNP, RAPD, RFLP, AFLP, Southern blotting, transformation and other applications.
Fungal DNA Extraction Kits
- . Using a rapid spin-column format.
- . OD260/OD280 ratio of purified fungal genomic DNA is generally >1.8. Purified DNA can be used for many downstream applications. Average size of the genomic DNA purified by this procedure is around 20-50 kb.
- including Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Schizosaccharomyces pomb, Pichia pastoris, Candida albicans, Aspergillus niger, Collectotrichum musae, Fusarium oxysporum.
Tell a friend